The Customer Asked/said What?

Baking By Delynn Updated 10 Jan 2016 , 3:03pm by Delynn

Delynn Posted 10 Jan 2016 , 6:30am
post #1 of 4

No idea where this topic belongs... I know there was a topic started (can't recall the title) possibly last year or prior, in which LOTS of members shared their stories of stupid things customers/potential customers said or did.   I have one to add... A couple years ago, an alleged friend had asked for 5-6 different quotes within a year, but NEVER placed an order.  She TOTALLY wasted so much of my time; I suspected she was giving my prices to another baker friend who then undercut me).  Anyway, she left me a voicemail today which went like this:  "Hey this is R______, I was wondering if you're still doing cakes and if you would even do this... i bought a cake and absolutely hate how it's frosted and wonder if you could re-frost it for me?"  SERIOUSLY?  How incredibly stupid can people be.  I was tempted to call her back and say "No, I DEFINITELY will NOT frost someone else's cake.  If you would have ordered the cake from me to begin with, you would have had it frosted right the first time...you get what you pay for!!   Instead I simply deleted her message...she isn't worth giving the time of day  >:(   The nerve of some people...their stupidity astounds me.

3 replies
Pastrybaglady Posted 10 Jan 2016 , 7:59am
post #2 of 4

Refrost someone else's cake - that's a new one!

I think this is the thread you're looking for:

http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/751860/things-not-to-asksay-to-a-baker

costumeczar Posted 10 Jan 2016 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 4

You should have told her "sure, and the price will be $150 for damage control duties."

Delynn Posted 10 Jan 2016 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 4

LOL !!!  Thanks for the link pastrybaglady & I like your way of thinking costumeczar :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%