Anyone Ever Used These For Fondant?

Decorating By jstan Updated 10 Jan 2016 , 9:03pm by MBalaska

jstan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstan Posted 10 Jan 2016 , 1:16am
post #1 of 3

there is a company selling cookie cutters that are made from a 3d printer and it breaks down the image into many pieces , the pieces look so small i'm not sure you would be able to get the fondant out.

https://www.jbcookiecutters.com/shop/cookie-cutters/big-bird-cookie-cutter-set/ if  anyone has any info and or have used these i would appreciate any reviews please

2 replies
pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 10 Jan 2016 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 3

I've ordered from this company before, but not the cutters with the small parts. I would think that you'd use the big shape for the cookie, and the smaller cutters are used for cutting out the fondant decoration pieces. The cookie would probably be covered in fondant.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 10 Jan 2016 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 3

@jstan I've purchased several of those from jbcookiecutters, mostly in cartoon & kid stuff as I can't draw or cut things by hand (no talent no skills here and not shy about admiting it.)  Either use a small paintbrush to push those things out, or put a piece of saran plastic food wrap over the top of the fondant before cutting, just as you would to use a tappit.  You could also use one of the needle tools.   I also did not buy the smallest version of the cutters.  I got the medium for cupcakes & cookies & the large ones for cakes.  I love their designs and their assortment and probably have a couple of dozen items from them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%