Wedding Cake Orders

Business By SweetNeddy Updated 7 Jan 2016 , 7:02pm by SweetNeddy

SweetNeddy Posted 6 Jan 2016 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 4

Hi - how far in advance do you book wedding cakes? Typically, it seems most couples start to look for , and book their cake 6 - 12 months from their wedding date. Lately, however, I've had several couples looking to book their cake 24 - 28 months in advance. I feel that's just too long - so much can happen - to me, to them.  Should I rethink my thinking - maybe this is a new trend? If I do start booking these orders, is it OK to include a pricing disclaimer - allowing for a price increase of no more than ??% - just to cover ingredients costs if they rise significantly? 

Thank you and Happy New Year!

3 replies
costumeczar Posted 6 Jan 2016 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 4

I don't book more than a year ahead of time, you're right, too much can happen.

kakeladi Posted 7 Jan 2016 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 4

I also agree.  Been there, done that.

SweetNeddy Posted 7 Jan 2016 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 4

Excellent - thought maybe I was missing the boat on some new trend. Besides  - I have a hard enough time keeping up with my schedule as it is (does anyone else have that nightmare, the one where  you've forgotten all about someone's very large wedding cake - and it's 4 o'clock on the wedding day... I woke up in a panic once - convinced it wasn't a bad dream - had to check over a year's worth of emails and calendar entries before I could relax) - I can't imagine trying keep up with two year's worth of appointments.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%