Color Combo

Decorating By Jenmarlene Updated 6 Jan 2016 , 12:55pm by Jenmarlene

Jenmarlene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenmarlene Posted 5 Jan 2016 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 6

is it me or does a winter wonder baby shower cake with the colors gold, silver, and pink, doesn't go well together.  so the cake is 2 tiers with a baby carriage on top, all white cake with a pink border on the bottom of each tier and the colors i mentioned snowflakes cascading on the side of the cake, i just think it sounds ugly, lol. what do you guys think?

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Jan 2016 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 6

I think it sounds lovely -- IF -- the colors are very light. - just a hint of color, especially for the gold and silver.  Nothing says it has to be in your face bright.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jan 2016 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 6

sure it can be stunning -- ideas for you:

maybe make the pink border metallic (using luster dust) so it will blend well -- not be over shadowed by the gold & silver

make two sizes of snowflakes to offset the two different colors

or color each snowflake both gold silver

like kakeladi says keep a light touch with the silver & gold as accent colors

i think i would set the snowflakes up as the 'road' that the baby carriage is placed on -- start out on the top tier with a few flakes set in at an angle so it looks like they are descending/falling into place making a pathway  continuing with snowflakes placed flat where the buggy will sít then cascade them -- so it all just flows -- this will be beautiful -- i'd rather use the silver for the flakes and fine line outline the buggy's spokes and wheels and frame in the gold  but whatever --

hope that maybe sparks an idea for you

BeeBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBakes Posted 6 Jan 2016 , 2:17am
post #4 of 6

what if you did the snowflakes in only silver and instead of pink did a rose gold? I've seen edible metallic paint in what looks like a really pretty rose gold ish color? maybe it was a baby pearly pink...

Jenmarlene Posted 6 Jan 2016 , 12:49pm
post #5 of 6

thank you guys for the advice, i think i'll cut back on the gold, do minimal gold, just a touch here and there. its due Friday and i'm still panicking, if i cant visualize it then i panic, thanks again!

Jenmarlene Posted 6 Jan 2016 , 12:55pm
post #6 of 6

I want to post a picture of the snowflakes I've made but having problems

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%