Transformer Cupcakes

Decorating By BB82 Updated 6 Jan 2016 , 10:18pm by BB82

BB82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BB82 Posted 5 Jan 2016 , 2:59am
post #1 of 4

I am doing 48 cupcakes for my nephew's birthday party 1/2 with red icing and 1/2 with blue. I hate how both colors turn your teeth colors and stain so I thought about using wilton color mist but I've never used it. I'm not sure how many cans to buy to cover that many cupcakes. I had planned on doing white buttercream and straying them red and blue. All suggestions are greatly appreciate!!!

3 replies
BeeBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBakes Posted 6 Jan 2016 , 3:20am
post #2 of 4

Have you tried letting your icing rest overnight so the colors can deepen? (that way you won't need as much gel color) 

I also find I like using Americolor if I'm trying to get red over Wilton (if that helps) i use super red + tulip red

Or using red sprinkles and blue sprinkles if you didn't want to buy multiple cans of mist?

(i don't think you need too many since you're covering cupcake tops and not a whole cake but just trying to think of some other options for you)

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 6 Jan 2016 , 5:13am
post #3 of 4

I agree with BeeBakes in terms of letting the icing rest overnight. However, I use the Wilton color mist all of the time, it doesn't stretch far so if you go that route, get 2 cans of each color. 

BB82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BB82 Posted 6 Jan 2016 , 10:18pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the advice!! I am going to start doing a few test runs on a few things tonight see what gets me the best result. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%