How Do I Advertise More!?!?

Business By littlebsbakery Updated 2 Jan 2016 , 3:32am by littlebsbakery

littlebsbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebsbakery Posted 29 Dec 2015 , 1:58am
post #1 of 8

OKay so I am on facebook and I have a instagram. I hand out my business cards any chance I get. How else do you advertise. I am a in home bakery and it's just me but I want to get out there more. There is another in home baker that has been around longer then me, but no offense to her but I am more talented to put it nicely. I just don't know how to get the word out!!! Sorry if the comment about to other baker offends anyone I am just stuck. 

7 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 29 Dec 2015 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 8

What are you selling and where? Where you want to advertise and spend your effort will depend on what you're trying to sell. If there's a link to your website somewhere we could look at it and give you some tips.

Ediblesins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ediblesins Posted 29 Dec 2015 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 8

I use Facebook for a to of advertising...call it soft spamming! I find local pages..mom groups, swap sites, buy and sell, new and used.. you should be able to find lots of pages..I create a little blurb..add a couple photos..I copy and paste the same add to every page, add my pictures and link to my page or website or both..I also try to come up with a gimmick..10% of order is done on next 24hrs...or free cupcakes if you place an order ands pay deposit within 24hrs..

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 30 Dec 2015 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 8

More details would be helpful as to what your selling etc. a lot of the growing part of a business takes time and loads of work. You can never stop promoting yourself. we have a website and a Facebook page  we have done no paid advertisement or marketing (tried fb paid ads once and it was ridiculous) we do the work ourselves. Handing out small samples menus and business cards. Be very strategic about where you go. Of course you'd love for everyone to try your products but the reality is not everyone is your target market. So picking the businesses you take cards, menus and samples to is important. Not everywhere needs samples either. Word of mouth is our biggest advertisement. One thing I try to do is focus on what I do and not worry about the other bakers. There is enough customers to go around (well where I'm at there is). One of our biggest selling points is that we are of a small few in our area that are licensed and inspected by the health dept. Most businesses that I've developed a business relationship with say we are what they have been looking for in terms of quality products from a legitimate company. So find what sets you apart and hone in on that. Find out what your target market is and focus there. I offered a discount one time bc i over baked but probably won't do it again I don't want to start the discounts now bc I don't want people to expect that from us. Good luck!!

Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 30 Dec 2015 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 8

How you market yourself depends on your target market.  If you want high-end wedding cake orders, you need a professional looking website.  If you want cheaper orders (but more of them), you can spam everywhere and I wold use facebook.  There is no point in marketing a $1500 wedding cake at a local scrapmarket...similarly there is no point in selling $.50 cupcakes at a 5* hotel wedding fayre...  I know a lot of people say that they don't need a website but I strongly disagree if you want to look professional.  Sorry, but I would not order my wedding cake from someone who only existed on a Facebook page.  Maybe that's just me but there you go...  Bit more info and maybe we could help more :-) 

efatrie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
efatrie Posted 31 Dec 2015 , 12:49am
post #6 of 8

I think like what the others had said, it depends on your target market, and you zoom in there to reach out to them.

For myself, I do advertising on Facebook periodically. I also upload pictures on instagram and add tags where my target market would be able to see. My orders come from a mixture of Facebook, Instagram and word of mouth :)

littlebsbakery Posted 2 Jan 2016 , 3:31am
post #7 of 8

I do custom birthday cakes cupcakes cookies and wedding cakes! Sorry about the late reply!! My facebook is https://www.facebook.com/littlebbakery9/ please check it out I would love everyones feedback! I do have a webpage as well which there is a link to it on my facebook! I am from Michigan! I do the facebook mom to mom sites like crazy and get alot of business from there I also just became a vendor for a wedding planner which was great!  

littlebsbakery Posted 2 Jan 2016 , 3:32am
post #8 of 8

I just wanted to know if people bought advertising space like in their local newspaper or flyers at different restaurants. I just don't feel like I am doing enough! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%