New To Baking

Baking By xItalianCandy13 Updated 27 Dec 2015 , 7:06am by Apti

xItalianCandy13 Posted 27 Dec 2015 , 6:46am
post #1 of 2

HI all! This past year I've found a huge interest in baking and would love to start. I want to know everything there is to know lol

Specifically.. What are the best cocoa powders, butter, oils, applesauce, melting chocolate,  ganache and just everything?!

I'll probably experiment with all things but wqnr a general idea as to what people use most.

Look forward to hearing from you!

1 reply
Apti Posted 27 Dec 2015 , 7:06am
post #2 of 2

Welcome to the forum!  Since this is an international forum, the most helpful information from you is your location (city/country).  Supplies vary quite a bit from country to country, so if we know where you are located, you can get the best suggestions.

Second, what is your experience?  Have you had any cake decorating or baking classes?  Have you made/decorated any cakes with photos?  If you do have photos, they may have to be on another link because this website is having some major problems. 

Are you interested in baking for taste with minimal decoration OR baking with taste with fondant OR buttercream (piping) OR ganache decorations?

I'm located in Southern California, so if you are in the USA, I can offer my suggestions.

Happy New Year!

Quote by @%username% on %date%