Using Candy Mold With Fondant Help!

Decorating By Grammy_Cakes08 Updated 18 Dec 2015 , 8:46pm by Grammy_Cakes08

Grammy_Cakes08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Grammy_Cakes08 Posted 18 Dec 2015 , 2:08am
post #1 of 7

I wanted to make a baby bottle with a pink rim and yellow nipple for a baby shower cake, I have a baby bottle candy mold and was wondering if I could use fondant instead of candy melts, could someone please instruct me on how to do so. Thank you 

6 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Dec 2015 , 4:09am
post #2 of 7

You can use it with fondant, it will just be tiny work...To make sure they all stick together I'd fill the parts of the mold with the colors that you want, then brush them with a little water to make them sticky and press one solid piece on the whole thing. That way the back will be a solid piece and you won't have sections that can fall apart. 

costumeczar Posted 18 Dec 2015 , 4:12am
post #3 of 7

Like on these, I put the white into the mold then pressed the blue into the mold so that it stuck to the white pieces. https://www.facebook.com/acaketoremember/photos/pb.92855088670.-2207520000.1450411938./10153143099828671/?type=3&theater

Grammy_Cakes08 Posted 18 Dec 2015 , 9:53am
post #4 of 7

@costumeczar  oh I see, and how would I make it look like one full bottle? Do I fill both sides of the mold the same way and just pop them out and glue them together some how? Sorry I hope that makes any sense this is my very first time experiencing with a candy mold. Thank you so much for your help!

Grammy_Cakes08 Posted 18 Dec 2015 , 9:53am
post #5 of 7

@costumeczar  oh I see, and how would I make it look like one full bottle? Do I fill both sides of the mold the same way and just pop them out and glue them together some how? Sorry I hope that makes any sense this is my very first time experiencing with a candy mold. Thank you so much for your help!

costumeczar Posted 18 Dec 2015 , 12:20pm
post #6 of 7

Yes, but don't fiull the mold up completely if you're going to do that. Sometimes filling it a little less will give you a better look when you put two pieces together. You might have to experiment to see what works best.

Grammy_Cakes08 Posted 18 Dec 2015 , 8:46pm
post #7 of 7

ok great, I will be giving it a try right now, thanks again!!! @costumeczar  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%