Cupcake And Wine Tasting

Business By I-heart-cupcaKes Updated 14 Dec 2015 , 10:54pm by I-heart-cupcaKes

I-heart-cupcaKes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
I-heart-cupcaKes Posted 11 Dec 2015 , 6:11pm
post #1 of 7

Hello All!

I am a home based baker in Columbus, Ohio and I am holding a wine and cupcake tasting event in January. I've been going back and forth with the size that I should offer my tasty bites. I've grappled back and forth between regular and mini. I will have six different flavors and the meadery I am holding it at is providing 3 wine samples, a free tour (which also includes 5 extra wine samples free).

What would you do? I have invited and made tickets for 100, but I am expecting maybe 60...20 have already RSVPed and 12 have bought tickets, I just launched everything last night (I am charging just to help cushion the cost!)

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Tishona

6 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Dec 2015 , 7:24pm
post #2 of 7

I'd do minis, since people will be eating multiple flavors.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Dec 2015 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 7

i mean i got left outside while they did the wine testing/tasting last time -- but i had the dog too -- so obviously i'm not an expert but you want to have palate cleansers too -- but probably the winery provides those --

but i had a box of cupcakes, a diet coke a nice picnic table and my son was out there with me too on a gorgeous san jose day -- i wasn't totally abandoned but full disclosure i'm clearly not a pro winery person --

you could slice/quarter regular sized cupcakes too but i'd keep things well labeled whichever way you go -- hardly a wrong way to do it -- i'd want some cheese though wouldn't you -- i guess the winery would have crackers though -- 

hope it's a big success for you

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 14 Dec 2015 , 5:03am
post #4 of 7

I just did a small booth and did mini cupcakes. People really liked the mini cupcakes but they are more work than regular cupcakes. At least that's how I felt. Good luck! Wine and cupcakes sounds awesome!

I-heart-cupcaKes Posted 14 Dec 2015 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 7

How so?...in the sense of minis being more work?

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 14 Dec 2015 , 9:56pm
post #6 of 7

I feel like the smaller something is, the more work it is. You are filling a ton more liners. They are kind of a pain in the butt to fill, until you get into a groove. If you have to make a ton And don't have a few of those 48 mini cupcake pans you will be spending a lot of time in the kitchen. I didn't have those pans and regret not getting at least one. I had a bunch of the 12 mini cupcake pans. They didn't bake well in my oven 2 or 3 at a time. Not sure if it was because the heat didn't distribute evenly with the multiple little pans, so I had to do one at a time. That made it painfully long. I have baked 14" round cakes in my oven no problem before. So not really sure the issue with the small pans. That being said, I feel like they are awesome for free sample tastings. They are the perfect size and you don't have to worry about them drying out like a slice of cake or cut up cupcake. I will just get the larger pans for my next booth. 

*Last edited by OHaresTstyTrts on 14 Dec 2015 , 9:57pm
I-heart-cupcaKes Posted 14 Dec 2015 , 10:54pm
post #7 of 7

Ah! I see what you mean! I have a 48 well pan and plan on buying a few more. My apartment is small, therefore my kitchen and appliances are small, so I'll be baking in a licensed kitchen that has a few ovens(convection and convention). Hopefully, everything will run smoothly! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%