How Soon Is To Soon To Make My Xmas Cookies

Baking By smile22 Updated 15 Dec 2015 , 12:07pm by mohinirsingh

smile22 Posted 11 Dec 2015 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 5

usually  i have more time to make my christmas cookies i try and make them as close as i can to christmas as possible.  if i was to make some cookies this tuesday the 15th some on the 19th and some on the 21st would they all be ok for christmas i know the 21st i would be perfect but i am making 4 types of cookies and to make that many in one day would be a stretch.

i will be storing them in airtight containers 

i am making chocolate cringle cookies

chocolate chip

the anise cookies that are dipped in icing and toped with those colored sprinkle balls

and sugar blossom cookies- the famous peanut butter blosoms mins the peanut butter 

only reason i wanted to start this tuesday is i my grandma is leaving for pa to see her daughters for chrismas and my aunt is coming to get her on the 19th and i wanted to send up two trays of cookies with them 

4 replies
Jeff_Arnett Posted 11 Dec 2015 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 5

While some cookies have a longer shelf life than others, most can be frozen tightly wrapped in an airtight container for at least a couple months with no problem!

-K8memphis Posted 11 Dec 2015 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 5

i would eat a 10 day old cookie but i would not serve to others a 10 day old cookie that hadn't been frozen most of that time -- you also have some good ideas in your other thread 

cookie.png

Pastrybaglady Posted 11 Dec 2015 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 5

How about making and refrigerating all the dough beforehand and baking all at one time a couple of days before?

mohinirsingh Posted 15 Dec 2015 , 12:07pm
post #5 of 5

Some cookies you can make  at home just a few days before Christmas so that they are healthy to be served. And few of them you can buy from bakeries, they provide you varieties of cookies some of them are also difficult to prepare at home. http://www.bakerstreet.in/ here you can check out their products.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%