Shiny Cookie Glaze.

Decorating By CTgardener Updated 16 Dec 2015 , 1:45pm by CTgardener

CTgardener Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CTgardener Posted 9 Dec 2015 , 11:22am
post #1 of 5

I would like my cookie icing to dry shiny, I use 1 cup cnfec. sugar 2 teaspoons corn syrup 3 teaspoons mile and a few drops of anise extract and wilton white. It is nice and shiny wet but will dry dull. Is it the extract? It happens even wi other colorings

4 replies
Atty2de Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atty2de Posted 10 Dec 2015 , 1:11am
post #2 of 5

I found the same recipe online with 37  4 and 5 star reviews but the recipe does not call for Wilton White.  I'm thinking that might be your problem.

Atty2de Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atty2de Posted 10 Dec 2015 , 1:12am
post #3 of 5

I found the same recipe online with 37  4 and 5-star reviews except it did not call for Wilton White. I'm thinking that might be your problem.

cabralej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabralej Posted 14 Dec 2015 , 4:57am
post #4 of 5

Egg whites will become glossy when dried, has been used in paintings for centuries as a gloss. I use Alton Brown's royal icing recipe, but there are many other versions around online. The trick is to let it whip for ten minutes to introduce lots of little bubbles in the icing, almost a marshmallow texture when wet but will dry shiny and easy to chomp into. Extracts or dyes shouldn't effect the shine.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/royal-icing-recipe.html

CTgardener Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CTgardener Posted 16 Dec 2015 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 5

I suspect that tty is right Wilton White is not like regular food dyes. I am looking for a white glaze. I do not do highly decorated sugar cookies more homemade cookie varieties. I am not a fan RI.
56716af37ba22.jpeg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%