Timing When Painting On Mmf

Decorating By Koda1969

Koda1969 Posted 8 Dec 2015 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 1

Hello everyone!

I am working on a cake for my husband's co-worker. It's for her daughter's 16th birthday. The cake is a 10 inch pillow cake with a high heel topper. Over the weekend, I finished the topper, so I'm good there.

The cake is going to be two colors, top and bottom covered in marshmallow fondant...one side hot pink..the other side zebra stripe. I don't have an airbrush, so I've been testing ways to do the zebra print. I finally settled on hand painting them.

That said, I was thinking of baking today, freezing the cakes, then that is where I'm a bit stuck. The hand painting is going to take a bit of time, so can I take the cakes out of the freezer tomorrow to cover and then start painting? Or, do I need to wait until Thursday? If I do it tomorrow, can I then just put it in the fridge?

I'd prefer not to get myself harried on Thursday. I work full-time (albeit from home) so inevitably, when I think I'll have some "down time" is when work goes crazy. So, I'm wanting to do as much ahead of time as possible to ensure things go smoothly..or to have time if they don't.

My husband will be taking the cake with him on Friday morning around 7 a.m.

Thanks so much for any insight!!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%