Need Help

Decorating By veraosun Updated 7 Dec 2015 , 11:17pm by veraosun

veraosun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veraosun Posted 7 Dec 2015 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,  

i posted yesterday accidentally titled it recepies . I'm hoping someone will reach out to me even with all they have going on this holiday. My original question was how far in advance can I make the buttercream for a cake I'm making. I baked the layers and froze them. The cake is for this Saturday the 12th. I'm thinking of defrosting the cake  Thursday morning and decorating it on Thursday afternoon for sat. Too early?? I originally was going to make the buttercream early but am not feeling good about it. I'm going to measure everything out instead and just make it day of. 

Please help. I have a lot of decorating experience but not buttercream and only icecream cakes.

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Dec 2015 , 2:16pm
post #2 of 3

Depends on the type of buttercream. If it's regular confectioner's sugar buttercream you can make it a week ahead of time and just keep it in the fridge until you need it. Make sure to really wrap it up with plastic wrap to keep any fridge smells out of it, though...If it's a meringue buttercream it's best to use that as soon as you make it to ice a cake. If you're using it for a filling you can refrigerate it and whip it after it warms up again, but the texture will never be as good to ice cakes with once it's been cooed off and re-whipped.

Doing the cake on Thursday for Saturday is fine.

veraosun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veraosun Posted 7 Dec 2015 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for your help!! 

You've helped me decide. I will make the filling ahead of time and just measure out all my ingredients to save time and make the buttercream the day of

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%