Anyone Make Wedding Cakes As Part Of A Wedding Package For A Venue??? I Have Questions

Business By JessicaT Updated 7 Dec 2015 , 12:31am by costumeczar

JessicaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessicaT Posted 6 Dec 2015 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 2

I have been asked by a venue to make wedding cakes as part of their wedding packages. I have only been making cakes for a couple of years, and  I only work under cottage law in ohio.     this venue is only 5 miles from my house.     I was asked to attend a meeting and talk about working with them.  I do not want to go in unprepared, but I have NO idea how any of that works.....Do I only get paid a flat rate every cake because it is included in the package price? If so what would the average payoff be? Do they take a percentage of my profit?  Would the price change with every cake?  Does the client pick from only a few cake designs?  I would like to be able to meet with the coordinator and be prepared.  I also dont want to be taken advantage of.       thank you everyone

1 reply
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Dec 2015 , 12:31am
post #2 of 2

When I did  a package they paid me a flat rate per serving. Then it was up to me to control my own costs. Go talk to them and see what they say. It's okay to tell them that you'll need to go home and run your numbers before you agree to it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%