Storing A Rice Krispie Treat Model

Decorating By JenFlint11 Updated 28 Nov 2015 , 6:48pm by -K8memphis

JenFlint11 Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 4

Hi. I am new to this site but I have been baking for a little while.

I have been modelling with RKT for the first time today as a practice run for a cake I need on Friday. However, the model has come out a lot better than expected and to save on materials/money (and also I feel that I might be edging my bets making another one successfully) I was thinking I could just use this model. I'm not fussed about it being edible as there will be plenty of cake under the model to go around but what I am a little worried about is potential sagging of the fondant or the RKT falling apart. Is this likely to happen? Also, where is the best place to store it until Friday? Freezer/fridge/air tight container/on the counter?  I should probably mention I used a 50/50 mix of sugarpaste and fondant and it has been put directly on to the RKT.

Many, many thanks in advance.

3 replies
-K8memphis Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 4

in my climate in west tennessee usa -- i would keep it on my speed rack with a pan slid over top of it on a higher rung for protection -- maybe i would put it in an open box for protection but no not really i'd just set it on a pan with a pan over top --

disintegration could happen but that's how i store mine with no worries --

best to you

JenFlint11 Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 4

Not sure what the climate is in Tennessee but I am assuming it's warmer than Aberdeen, Scotland. Currently 4°C here. If food is left in our pantry its almost a if it's been left in the fridge. So, I think I will be safe just leaving it out at keast the fondant won't sweat like it does in the fridge. I think I will definitely put it in a box just in case though, to protect from bumps. 

-K8memphis Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 4

it's like 4c to 15c here give or take but not inside -- it's like 23c inside if my conversions are correct :) -- i think you will do great with it like you said -- best to you and keep/stay warm!

Quote by @%username% on %date%