Totally Splurged And Bought A New Kitchenaid

Lounge By Vanellope Updated 28 Nov 2015 , 10:49pm by Vanellope

Vanellope Posted 27 Nov 2015 , 6:56am
post #1 of 8

I couldn't help it. 

I can see myself with 3 of these things. 

I bought it off QVC a couple days ago. 

Today while checking my emails on my iPhone (hate seeing all the red bubbles) I got an email saying they shipped it today. :)

I'm super excited. I already know I'll be using both mixers when it gets here since I'll be baking lots of gingerbread cookies/structures and a LOOOT of royal icing. 

7 replies
remnant3333 Posted 27 Nov 2015 , 12:44pm
post #2 of 8

So, you bought three or two of them? First sentence says 3 and last says you will be using both mixers.

I am super excited for you also. So did they have a great deal on the mixers? Think I will check out QVC myself to see what deals they have!!  Have fun baking those gingerbread cookies!!! Sounds like you will do lots of baking this holiday season!! 

costumeczar Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 8

I have 3 that I rotate in and out when one dies...If you do kill one get it fixed, it's a lot cheaper than buying a new one, and they'll last forever.

remnant3333 Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 8

I looked on QVC and saw some Kitchenaid mixers that  were 300 wt, 325 wt, and 575 wt. So which one do you both have? 

Pastrybaglady Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 8

I've been toying with the idea of buying a second KA, a 4.5 qt. for small tasks.  I have a 6 qt. and I dislke washing that big bowl for just a little something, plus the 4.5 is just so darn cute!  Amazon has some great deals right now, but I'll check out QVC too.

Vanellope Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 8

The one I have already is the 4.5qt. Ultra Power 300W Tilt Head Stand Mixer with Flex Edge beater in colbalt blue. 

It was a hand me down from my aunt. She was  a professional baker and after having knee replacement surgery she can't stand as long as she's like to bake.

I just ordered the 6 qt. 575W Bowl Lift Stand Mixer w/ Combi-Whip. It comes with the flanged bowl that's tall and a second bowl that's 3qt. And that's what you use the combi-whip with. I got this one in Red.

Pastrybaglady Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 9:32pm
post #7 of 8

@Vanellope  When did they come out with the Combi-Whip bowl?  This is exactly what I want, now I don't have to buy another machine!  I even wrote to Kitchenaid a few months ago to ask them to make something like this for small batches.  Now I can tell my husband what I want for Christmas smile.png. Thank you so much for mentioning it!

Vanellope Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 10:49pm
post #8 of 8

I'm not sure when they came out with it but it's what made me get the new mixer! One mixer two bowls! It's win!

here's the link to just the bowl and combi whip 

i think for me it will work great for me!

it should fit your mixer!

Quote by @%username% on %date%