Kitchenaid Pro-Mixer Help

Baking By novakern Updated 28 Nov 2015 , 3:51pm by costumeczar

novakern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
novakern Posted 25 Nov 2015 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 3

I've had an artisan 5 quart tilt-head for years. Upgraded to pro, 6 quart bowl lift style with glass bowl from costco. Not sure if the problem is just with the costco version or am I doing something wrong. None of the attachments seem to mix the bottom of the bowl. I have it adjusted to the highest setting and it doesn't matter. I also find it very unwieldy getting the bowl on and off. Anyone else. considering returning it and just going back to small batches.

thanks

2 replies
hobbist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hobbist Posted 27 Nov 2015 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 3

check on you tube.  I have seen where the is a simple screw adjustment to fix the beater height adjustment.  Maybe it was not set properly at the factory.  Worth trying before you return it.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 3:51pm
post #3 of 3

You can adjust the beater, @hobbist  is right about that. You'll get used to the bowl, I don't find it difficult but I've only used 6 qts for years now. I will say that there might just be something about it that you don't like, so if it doesn't work it doesn't work. I have a 7 qt Cuisinart that I never use because I don't like the height of the bowl, it's hard to get into to scrape the bottom and it's taller than a KA bowl so unless you're tall it's difficult to use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%