Tiered Pillow Cake

Decorating By tropical_ice Updated 26 Nov 2015 , 12:07pm by tropical_ice

tropical_ice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tropical_ice Posted 25 Nov 2015 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 3

Please help and I am not sure how to add a 10" pillow cake on top of a 12" pillow cake.

Both cake will be covered in sugarpaste.

Really need help =(

2 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 25 Nov 2015 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 3

I've not done a tiered pillow cake before, but I've done a tiered pumpkin cake and I would imagine the technique would be similar....

First, I'd imagine that your 10" pillow cake has a flat spot on the bottom?  So you need to have a little cake board the size of that flat area.  Use that small board to mark on the top of the iced 12" pillow cake where the next tier will be situated.  Insert the proper dowels as you would for a normal tiered cake.   

**Don't know if this would help or be necessary, but you could use that small board as a template and cut out a square shallow hole into the 12" pillow -the depth of the cake board-then place your dowel rods inside that area. Now when the 10" is stacked on top, the board fits into the hole and the two pillows fit together without being able to see any cake board.   Does that make sense?

Once the two are stacked, drive a long, sharpened dowel down thru the center of the cakes and into the cake drum base board.

Hope this help!

tropical_ice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tropical_ice Posted 26 Nov 2015 , 12:07pm
post #3 of 3

Is that last bit important?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%