Comments

Lounge By grama_j Updated 26 Nov 2015 , 11:00am by grama_j

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 25 Nov 2015 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone......... I have been at Cake Central for many years now, and love the concept. I am noticing what I perceive as a problem.......... The past couple of years, as I am searching for ideas for cakes,etc. ,  I am seeing that most cakes have no comments......... We USED to leave a comment on most all cakes we checked out...... we encouraged each other....... instructed each other, etc.........  we are ALL in a hurry, but COME ON....... we ALL have time to help and encourage each other........ Is this an indication of  " the times" ? I hope not.......

Thanks for allowing me to vent......

LOVE...

Grandma " J "

7 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 25 Nov 2015 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 8

I don't even look at photos of cakes on here, I just use the forums. But from what I've heard, a lot of people have been having trouble even getting onto the site recently, so maybe that has something to do with it!

grama_j Posted 25 Nov 2015 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 8

No, I WISH it was just a glitch, but this goes back several years, and I just think it is a shame.....

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 25 Nov 2015 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 8

When the site went through its last "upgrade" I think most, if not all comments on photos were lost.

I noticed it when going through my saved favorite photos...they were bare when I knew there had been comments because some had replies from the decorator about how a particular thing was made.

grama_j Posted 25 Nov 2015 , 7:59pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you  Flour Pots......... At least that makes me feel better....... I did leave new remarks on the pictures that I saw today....  We have some FANTASTIC decorators here, and they need to be recognized....... 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, everyone ! :)

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 25 Nov 2015 , 10:34pm
post #6 of 8

I noticed the amount of comments have decreased ever since the sites last upgrade. I think many members left due to the site having many issues. I even noticed that threads don't even get that many replies anymore.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 26 Nov 2015 , 1:54am
post #7 of 8

1. With thousands of photos, who has time to write a comment on everyone?  too busy.  Nothing personal just too busy.

grama_j Posted 26 Nov 2015 , 11:00am
post #8 of 8

No one said anything about going to THOUSANDS, or to EVERY account......... I'm talking about doing a search for something to get an idea........checking out someone's work  to get that idea...... USING that material, but not even giving credit where it is due....... WE should NEVER be to busy to give someone a smile or pat on the back.... It is what makes the world go around.........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%