How Long Can I Keep Fudge Out

Baking By sugarstorme Updated 28 Nov 2015 , 11:55pm by TheItalianBaker

sugarstorme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarstorme Posted 24 Nov 2015 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 4

Evening.  I'm not sure if this should be in thr sugar section,  but I've just won a supply contract for homemade vanilla fudge for a small local shop. I'm still a bit new to making fudge and im a but unsure as to how long fudge can be kept at room temperature and still be ok.

The man from the shop said the last fudge maker he had could keep fudge at room temperature for 2 months. This seems really long to me given what research I've been able to do which all says around 7-10 days although this wasn't across the board and some people say it'll be fine out (packaged in cellophane bags) for longer. 

I'd be grateful if some of you lovely people could tell me how long it can be out as I need to put a use by date on it. If it helps the recipe contains butter and condensed milk but NO fresh dairy. 

Thank you xx

3 replies
TheItalianBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheItalianBaker Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 4

2 months? I don't know about that.. I made a tray last year for a chocolate festival, made it and kept it in the freezer for a couple of weeks. I had the squares out for 3 days under the a glass cover and it was fine, but after a week it started drying out on the edges. 

I know you can keep it in the fridge in an air tight container for few weeks.. 

sugarstorme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarstorme Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 4

This was one of my worry that it would go really dry... Thank you the italian baker. 

TheItalianBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheItalianBaker Posted 28 Nov 2015 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 4

Maybe if you package it it will last longer.. Plastic wrap should work! 

I use the same recipe with condensed milk, so if you try it out let me know how long it lasts! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%