Which Edible Glitter Color Should I Use?

Decorating By Meridae Updated 20 Nov 2015 , 1:17am by costumeczar

Meridae Posted 20 Nov 2015 , 12:22am
post #1 of 2

Hi all - I'm making a mermaid cake for a wee girl (OMG so exciting) and I want to add some shimmer and sparkle by adding edible glitter (the glitter will be on the main body of the cake so has to be safe to eat) - the color scheme is purple and see green. Can I brush one color on both the green and purple (e.g. silver glitter) or do I need to buy purple and green glitter and put the appropriate color on each? I want the colors to stay green and purple, not have silver dominating . . . but I'm decorating on a budget as always ( the lady I'm making it for does give me money for supplies, but I tend to spend more than she gives me because I like to experiment and go elaborate and it ends up being more about what i want to do, so I don't think it's fair to ask for the full cost.)

Also, should I color the butter cream color coat a pale green to match the color scheme or will it be alright just leaving it the natural butter cream color?

1 reply
costumeczar Posted 20 Nov 2015 , 1:17am
post #2 of 2

Color the buttercream so that any spots that show look the same as the glitter color. I'd use different colors for the glitter because it will cover the cake and the color of  the glitter is what you'll see.

Quote by @%username% on %date%