Gas Or Electric Oven?

Baking By Mazza92 Updated 19 Nov 2015 , 8:24pm by -K8memphis

Mazza92 Posted 19 Nov 2015 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 2

Can anyone help me with my dilemma? I've been offered a a free fancy Beko electric-fan assisted oven by the mother-in-law. This made me very excited as I has a traditional gas oven, which its more hot at the back then at the front. I thought I'd do a bit of research as the other half said electric ovens don't give that crispiness to meats and foods can become dry. I found some people swearing by their electric ovens but then lots of other people were saying gas ovens were better as they keep the cakes moist, which I think is important. My mother-in-law doesn't really bake, but says its a great cooker. Now, I'm just rather conflicted and thought this forum would be the best place to get answers. I know it depends on many factors, but I just need help  whether to keep my gas oven or take fancy-free electric one? Thanks :) 

*Last edited by Mazza92 on 19 Nov 2015 , 6:55pm
1 reply
-K8memphis Posted 19 Nov 2015 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 2

can you turn the fan off & on or adjust the fan speed at all? i think there's basically no difference between non-convection electric and gas ovens in general for cakes -- i have a three deck electric cake oven with a soft fan in it not the harsh blow you down fan like a regular convection oven -- i love it and i've almost always used gas ovens for most of my life --

so i'd say it purely depends on the exact brand/model and if you can regulate the fan -- but come to think about it i have a friend who has a blow you down convection type oven -- in fact two friends with such ovens and they make it work so...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%