Can Wilton Colour Right Be Used For Airbrushing?

Decorating By WickedDivine Updated 18 Nov 2015 , 7:21pm by WickedDivine

WickedDivine Posted 18 Nov 2015 , 11:39am
post #1 of 3

Hi!

I'd like to start trying out airbrushing, but I don't want to spend masses of money in case it's not for me. I was planning on buying the Wilton Colour Right System for my general use (switching from SugarFlair gel, which I do love, but feel a good quality liquid might be more versatile, thoughts on this also appreciated!) and don't really want to buy another set for airbrushing right now. I've heard if you thin this type of colouring down a little with clear alcohol and clean the machine thoroughly, this shouldn't be a problem? If so, how thin is necessary, as Colour Right is already a liquid?

Sorry, this got rambley! Thanks in advance.

Jessie

2 replies
costumeczar Posted 18 Nov 2015 , 12:30pm
post #2 of 3

I've never seen color right, but if it's a liquid you COULD put it through an airbrush but it might not work as well as airbrush colors. Airbrush colors are formulated specifically to stay in suspension and spray through the tip the right way without clogging, so anything that you put in them that isn't meant for that can clog the needle up. I would think that cleaning it VERY thoroughly after you use it would be pretty important.

WickedDivine Posted 18 Nov 2015 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 3

Cool thanks, I might just buy a cheap one and try really hard not to break it, and if I do, lesson learned! =P

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%