Tips To Help My Husband Buy My Christmas Gift

Decorating By shdvl Updated 19 Nov 2015 , 5:24pm by WickedDivine

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 18 Nov 2015 , 1:44am
post #1 of 2

My husband is thinking of buying me an air brush for Christmas or my birthday which is also next month. I need help directing him on what I would need. Like a lot of men I know he goes for "more power" over usefulness.  Right now I am only doing family cakes and its a hobby but I would like to expand to a bakery one day. 

I can think of these things to look for but not sure what the parameters I might need are.

Size needed is smaller since we live in small apartment right now

Airflow rate how slow or fast or variable 

capacity and how its held

ease of cleaning

brands that have good customer service which I don't know myself

Any other suggestions are also helpful.

1 reply
WickedDivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WickedDivine Posted 19 Nov 2015 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 2

I've heard general purpose airbrush machines (on Amazon they'll be described as being good for nails, tattoos (weirdly!) and cake decorating) work well to get started, as I believe really pro ones start at $75 (well, £50 in the UK and I converted). All the ones I found online look pretty small, like the size of a book, then with a cord and the airbrush itself. I believe they're all cleaned basically the same way (there's lots of instructions online from cake makers). I made a thread on here just the other day about which colouring to use with an airbrush if you don't want to buy a whole new set,but there are airbrush-specific food colours available online as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%