Light Corn Syrup.. Gmo??

Baking By TheItalianBaker Updated 17 Nov 2015 , 4:07am by annakat444

TheItalianBaker Posted 16 Nov 2015 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 4

I just got a call from a very upset lady that got one of mine pecan pie from a grocery store.

She wanted to know why I use corn syrup since it's gmo and she doesn't want to eat gmo food!

I didn't know what to tell her, I said I was going to check at the bakery with the manager  first thing in the morning and I would call her back.

So what about now?

somebody please help :(

3 replies
sweettooth101 Posted 17 Nov 2015 , 12:48am
post #2 of 4

It's not only corn syrup that is gmo but sugar beet and oil as well so I think she needs to check into these things before SHE buys it. If it the item doesn't say organic than I guess it's not for her. was your pie labelled Organic?

TheItalianBaker Posted 17 Nov 2015 , 3:18am
post #3 of 4

Nope, my label doesn't say organic or no gmo.. Just ingredient list. 

That's what I thought as well: read the label! Just didn't want to argue with a customer on the phone, it's never a good thing. 

I feel whatever I'm gonna say she will still have something to argue about! 

annakat444 Posted 17 Nov 2015 , 4:07am
post #4 of 4

Sounds like a customer who wouldn't be happy about anything. If she's concerned about having non-gmo ingredients then I'm assuming she doesn't eat any cakes either, as sugar, oil, and flour (just to name a few) are all GMO...not to mention pretty much every factory farmed animal product! (eggs, milk, all meats, etc). Tell her if she has a problem with your delicious pie she can return it for a refund and be on her way. Geez.

Quote by @%username% on %date%