Finding It Hard To Cope

Lounge By friendly Updated 4 Jul 2016 , 2:36am by docofthedead

friendly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
friendly Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 10

It has been 9 month since my husbands death and due to my own health issues I have not been able to do any cake decorating and I am finding it very hard to cope. I get very lonely and struggle with my diabetes (now on 4 daily injections)   So much that I have to do now that my husband used to do (mowing etc) is getting me down.

9 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 10

Oh you poor dear!   The hurt is still so new for you....  {{hugs}}.  Do you have any type of support, like family or friends or church that could help you thru this difficult time?  Perhaps you could find a community support group - these are just my suggestions to help you find someone that can maybe step in to give some guidence and emotional support.

You have my deepest sympathies and loving encouragement!

EdieBabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EdieBabe Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 10

Awe I'm sorry to hear that.  I can relate in many ways and I can say for certain it does get easier because after a while you become better at balancing the tasks and including personal pleasures... That is simply a matter of practice over time but it come around love. As for the sadness my experience finds that never goes away or becomes less but rather I became better at managing it and my ideas about it shifted and morphed many times to suit the immediate needs/wants of any given time or set of circumstances. It helped me to get out of the feeling that everything is hard by thinking of what my loved one would wish for me or advise me to if they were present... Kind of like an imagined conversation.... of course the advise is always good, always encouraging and often uplifting. Be gentle with yourself.

Marie0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marie0616 Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 10

So sorry for your loss, Friendly....lean on family and friends during this difficult time. Their support can be most encouraging. and take cakedout's advise and check into support groups in your area. But above all, take care of yourself physically.

I'll keep you in prayer!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 10

you've got mail

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 11 Nov 2015 , 5:56pm
remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 6:41pm
post #6 of 10

I will be praying for you to have peace. I am so sorry for your loss. Your husband would have never left you behind but when God says "come" we all must go. Just remember that one day you will be reunited in Spirit. Try not to lose your faith and cling to the memories that you had together!! Also, try to keep your mind occupied. Do you have any family who would cut the grass for you and take you to doctor appointments? 

My dad died two years ago so between my two brothers and my sister we all take turns doing things around the house for my mom. It is very hard to lose your other half!!My mom and dad were married 65 years. My mom is 84 years old. My dad was 87 when he went home to be with the Lord. I miss him terribly!! 

I along with everyone else here on the forum will be praying for you daily!!! 

friendly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
friendly Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 10:56pm
post #7 of 10

Thank you all for your support and prays. My family live over 4 hours drive away and I live  1 hour drive from town and church so it is hard to get any help from anyone.  My husband and I did everything together and had been married 51 years its the night that I don't like, last nights. I am flying to my sons in Brisbane next week for a while then on to my daughters for Christmas so I wont be alone. Once again Thank you

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 11:31pm
post #8 of 10

i wish i had a way to make it better but just know that we are with you in our thoughts and prayers 

heart.png

bakernoob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakernoob Posted 12 Nov 2015 , 1:29am
post #9 of 10

Friendly I am so sorry about your husband's passing and your diabetes. Your cake community is here for you. If we lived closer (even the same continent) I would help you everyday. My daughter passed away 8 years ago and the only other pain I think that could compare would be the passing of a husband or wife. It doesn't get easier because you never ever forget them or all your time together (which is good) but you do find a way to get through each day. Love to you sweetie. 

docofthedead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
docofthedead Posted 4 Jul 2016 , 2:36am
post #10 of 10

friendly,

I am so sorry!  I can 100% relate.  I am just two weeks shy of the one year anniversary of my husband's death.  We were married 25 years  (not quite as long as you, but still an accomplishment since we got married at 20).  He was active duty, but when he was home (not deployed)  we did everything together.  I am trying hard to adjust too, and I really have nobody here.   Our oldest son lives with me since he just got out of the Army and is now going to college, so he stays busy.

If you ever need to talk, please pm me..I would welcome the conversation anytime!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%