Amazing Sugar Cookie Recipe.

Baking By TheSconeRanger Updated 16 Nov 2015 , 5:41am by johnson6ofus

TheSconeRanger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSconeRanger Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 3:58am
post #1 of 8

So I normally use SweetAmb's orange vanilla spice as my normal decorated cookie, but I've realized that some people can be a bit picky about the cardamom and orange. Her recipe has changes to make it a regular sugar cookie and I'm not a huge fan of it.   I've never really found a recipe that I've fallen in love with. I was wondering if anyone had a tried and true roll out sugar recipe that's not too crunchy and not too doughy. Something great for decorating.  A sugar cookie is a sugar cookie is a sugar cookie, but I'd really like to find something that blows the boring sugar cookie out of the water.

7 replies
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 8:15am
post #2 of 8

I don't bake cookies, just wanted to say I love your name :-)

CTgardener Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CTgardener Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 1:20pm
post #3 of 8

I like this one a lot, it is buttery and not too sweet. I roll it out the thickness of 2 paint stirers and it is nice and sturdy not doughy. I do mostly fancy cookies, Italian macaroons, wedding cookies, pecan squares etc, but I like to haves a cookie I can decorate with icing for the kids, that taste good and is easy to work with this one fits the bill. Lots of good Ideas and help with technique on this site.

CTgardener Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CTgardener Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 8

I just realized that I did not  include the link LOL http://www.glorioustreats.com/2010/03/making-sugar-cookies-recipe-and-tips.html

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 8

You can use that recipe without cardamom and use cinnamon.  You can use that recipe without the orange, and make it vanilla, lemon, or almond.

TheSconeRanger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSconeRanger Posted 12 Nov 2015 , 2:30am
post #6 of 8

Haha Thank you!

TheItalianBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheItalianBaker Posted 12 Nov 2015 , 4:49am
post #7 of 8

I use sweet sugar belle recipe. Never found a person who didn't like it!! And the cookies last forever, easily 2 weeks

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 16 Nov 2015 , 5:41am
post #8 of 8

And you can just add extra vanilla extra or vanilla paste to punch up the "vanillay" flavor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%