Thanks To Everyone

Decorating By MamiesCupcakery Updated 12 Nov 2015 , 6:30am by kakeladi

MamiesCupcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamiesCupcakery Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 3:12am
post #1 of 11

I want to start out by saying a giant THANKS to everyone here for your help in creating my first wedding cake!5642b3761f0ac.jpeg

I have been a "lurker" here on CC for many months, happily taking in all the wonderful posts you've added and gleaning worlds of knowledge in the wonderful art of cake decorating.  I am only a hobby baker for friends and family, but I love doing this!   I've been too shy to take part in any convos because my caking skills are still, in my opinion, very unrefined, and I haven't felt as though I could really add anything to any of your brilliant posts.  It's because of your knowledge and advice given to others that I felt brave (is that the word??) enough to tackle the challenge of a four-tier wedding cake for some dear friends.  It was quite a mountain to climb, so to speak, but the bride and groom were thrilled with it as were the wedding guests.  I still have a lot to learn, and a long way to go in cake decorating, but this first step has been conquered and happily gobbled up!  The 12" bottom tier was carrot cake, then a 10" lemon, then a 8" blueberry cake, and the 6" top tier was vanilla with raspberry filling, all covered up with SMBC.  Thanks again, friends!

*Last edited by MamiesCupcakery on 11 Nov 2015 , 3:18am
10 replies
tessmilligan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tessmilligan Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 4:52am
post #2 of 11

Looks beautiful! Great work! 

NatStan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatStan Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 6:29am
post #3 of 11

Ha, I'm a lurker like you! It's a beautiful cake. Now that you've made that you should feel like you can make anything!

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 6:58am
post #4 of 11

Congratulations MamiesCupcakery. Your cake looks like a lot of love and care has gone into it, no wonder your friends were thrilled.

You have gone from a lurker  to a poster with a bang!

I'm not sure if you still want any advice and this is not meant to upset you AT ALL, but next time think about putting your cake on a professional cake board it makes all the difference in the world to your presentation :-)

cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 9:51am
post #5 of 11

It is beautiful!  And that first wedding cake is scary!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 6:05pm
post #6 of 11

clap.png it's gorgeous -- well done -- not to mention four different outstanding flavors too wow -- and thank you for sharing 

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 6:23pm
post #7 of 11

Awesome and very beautiful cake!! You would never know that this is your first wedding cake!!! Congratulations on a job well done!! 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 6:25pm
post #8 of 11

and -- is that table covered and ruffled in burlap? THAT'S the way to do burlap for a wedding! gets better & better, mc -- plus i have an aunt mamie :)

MamiesCupcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamiesCupcakery Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 10:15pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks so much for the kind comments!!  I am definitely open to constructive criticism, especially from bakers who have been doing this for awhile.  

810whitechoc, I would never dream of being upset with you!  The cake board was actually something I totally forgot about until the last moment, and I had to slap something together quickly.  I live in a small town with just no place to buy cake supplies so it's tough if I don't order ahead. :/

k8memphis, yes, that's a burlap ruffled table cloth.  All the girls getting married nowadays love the burlap look!!

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 11:38pm
post #10 of 11

Good for you and an extra A+ for accepting whichoc's comment with grace. I saw it too (missing cake board), probably because the rest of the table is sooooo perfect. Congrats to you! I do "mystery shopping" in my somewhat "real" life, so I tend to see details.  That table is so trendy, fresh and awesome!!!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Nov 2015 , 6:30am
post #11 of 11

What a terrific job you did!  It looks really well done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%