Are These Fondant Pearls?

Decorating By ubercakes Updated 11 Nov 2015 , 6:23pm by -K8memphis

ubercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ubercakes Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could please provide advice and suggestions on how to create this star look on a navy cake. Are they random sized white fondant balls?

I was thinking of spraying the cake with Shell and shine spray for that slight shimmer look?56427fae470b7.png

4 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 2:42am
post #2 of 5

Just looks like white fondant pearls. Or white dragees, but those would be hard to eat. The shine on it comes from the spotlight that's on the cake, look at how distinct the shadow is behind it on the table. Make sure that it's lighted to enhance the shine, because if you spray it with the shiny stuff and it's in a dark room it won't make any difference. Check with the bride and ask if there will be a light on it or not.

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 2:48am
post #3 of 5

Looks like sugar pearls to me.  You can purchase them in different sizes.  Would NOT want to roll all those little pearls out of fondant by hand!

Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 9:25am
post #4 of 5

I have to make that cake next month (or at least something based on it).  I am going to pipe the dots with royal icing so I can make them different sizes and then possibly dust some of them with pearl dust.  The thought of tweezering on that many tiny balls makes me want to cry.  I'm more worried about getting such a dark navy colour with an airbrush!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Nov 2015 , 6:23pm
post #5 of 5

i make those with gum arabic in the royal and they come out pearlyfied -- it's a beautiful thing -- one squirt of the piping bag and all in one you get a beautiful round pearlescent pearl -- bam!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%