Help......royal Icing Question

Decorating By katel Updated 10 Nov 2015 , 3:12pm by -K8memphis

katel Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 2

Hi all,

I am doing something that I have never done before. I am making a full sheet cake with a large rectangle logo in the middle. I plan on making the logo out of royal icing. I was told to print the logo out and then put wax paper over it and then trace it with the royal icing. Since it will be a rather large solid royal icing piece, I want to make the best royal icing. What recipe do you suggest. I am not great at royal icing for some reason, so I need a fool proof method. Thanks!!

1 reply
-K8memphis Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 2

i use the joy of baking recipe with egg whites and if you want super strong you can add gum arabic -- it's just a powder comes in a spice jar and costs a few bucks -- how big is big -- you might want to consider making it in pieces like a puzzle if possible so you don't have an unwieldy monster that will break on you -- another idea is to use a frozen buttercream transfer -- i'm sure it's google-able and i'm sure there's a how-to on here --

best to you

http://www.cakecentral.com/tutorial/20156/how-to-create-a-frozen-buttercream-transfer

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%