Friday Night Cake Club For 11/06/15

Decorating By catlharper Updated 13 Nov 2015 , 1:32pm by Webake2gether

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 35

Opening up another session of the FNCC! EVERYONE is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can. ALL levels of cakers are welcome!

Cat

34 replies
catlharper Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 35

Hi everyone!  I'm starting this weeks FNCC because I'm traveling today! We are off to San Diego to celebrate our 28th Wedding Anniversary as well as attend a wedding! I will be checking in via my phone but I'm not sure how much I will be able to participate until we get back Sunday night. 

Hope everyone had a wonderful week and can't wait to see your creations!

love,

Cat

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 35

I love this idea! I haven't participated in one but I will show you my two cake creations for the week. Please excuse the photos of them! Happy Anniversary!

A FAIP Mafia Fini Flight Cake

Shaped like the FAIP Mafia flag with two hand painted squadron patches.

563cdfa24b86c.jpeg563cdfa29dc4d.jpeg563cdfa2edffc.jpeg

My second cake is a small 4" cake to celebrate the clients Disney Cruise they were going on. I secretly called it my copyright infringement cake which is why I haven't officially posted it on any of my social networks. I still may. Excuse the images once again. I didn't bother setting up my still stand for this cake because the client is a photographer and said she would take images for me. 

563cdfa3578b3.jpeg563cdfa4854be.jpeg563cdfa5d96a6.jpeg563cdfa69f269.jpeg

Have a great weekend everyone!

Megan

*Last edited by OHaresTstyTrts on 6 Nov 2015 , 5:15pm
catlharper Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 35

I love BOTH cakes! Your mini cruise ship take the award tho (altho' the skull and crossbones is a very close second!) because I'm Disney crazy! So anything Mickey wins my heart! Awesome work!!! OHaresTstyTrts

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 35

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week blush.png

Here's some of our work we've completed so far. We still have one more 2 tier cake to do for tomorrow!

We made a purple ombre smash cake:

Mi1nuupESK-purple-rosette-smash-cake_900.jpg

And a golf/Audi themed birthday cake:

yVlLmFxUfE-golf-and-audi-themed-birthday-cake_900.jpgp0d9sbSM9K-golf-and-audi-themed-birthday-cake_900.jpg

@catlharper  wow, so many events every week for you! Sounds like so much fun relaxed.png Big congratulations to you for your wedding anniversary!

@OHaresTstyTrts  Love both cakes! Your Disney cruise ship is amazing!! 

OHaresTstyTrts Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 5:45pm
post #6 of 35

Thanks so much! @catlharper  @SweetShop5   Both your cakes are adorable and I can't wait to see the two tiered cake. I really like your golf/audi cake! 

I liked both my cakes this week for different reasons. The clients husband wants to keep the cruise ship hahah I said they could it would last a long time most likely. Honestly, I was worried the FAIP cake wasn't going to come together well design wise but I think the patches saved it. haha 

Have a great weekend! Can't wait to see more cakes! :)

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 3:13am
post #7 of 35

I did this little one today...Fondant with some fondant molded flowers, so ti was super fast to put together.

563d6c527b7dc.jpeg

caken4fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caken4fun Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 5:36am
post #8 of 35

I'm planning to make a Tundra pick up truck cake this weekend, so I've been printing out photos to use as a guide and also this will be my first time attempting cake pops, I bought the silicone mold instead of baking the cake, crumbling it and rolling it. So these will be my weekend self taught experiments! 

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 7:08am
post #9 of 35

Happy Anniversary Cat!  Beautiful cakes everyone......

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 8:46am
post #10 of 35

Happy anniversary Cat. Wow...28 years!

Nice cakes everyone! The smash cake is actually way too pretty to be smashed, lol.

And I'm pleased to see german cars are not completely out of fashion after the last scandal :[]

I love how you "through the wedding cake together". Wish I could do that out of my sleeves 8â—‹

Just had one cake last Sunday for my friend's son and nothing this week as it's casa swimming gala weekend and my oldest will compete!

563dba753329f.jpeg

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 3:12pm
post #11 of 35

Here's our final cake for the weekend! Its for a client celebrating their 50th birthday along with graduating University.

d6lEoggIei-50th-birthdaygraduation-cake_900.jpg

@OHaresTstyTrts  Thank you!!

@julia1812  Love your cake! The details are amazing and so are your figurines!

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 3:22pm
post #12 of 35

looks like everyone had a great week baking!! Nice work!! I however had a rough one and I'm glad I didn't have more orders bc this one about did me in lol. I did a lot of marketing and working on the business end this week so it was still productive. Our website will be up and running by mid next week so that makes me happy. 

Happy anniversary @catlharper  !! We are taking our boys to their very first big concert tonight. It was my oldest son's 8th birthday Monday so this was part of his gift. I'm looking forward to a night out with my family after last night!! Also I'm not 100% happy with how these turned out but this was the 3rd time I've used Royal icing and flooded cookies. I don't know how you flooding pros do it lol my hats off to you :)  I don't really want to post them but it's whatever at this point with them.563e173abaa5a.jpeg

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 3:55pm
post #13 of 35

Happy anniversary Cat!

Great cakes everyone and the cookies looked good to me.

I know I have one more coming up for my niece, but not sure when the party will be.

Have a great Saturday 

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 5:23pm
post #14 of 35

Those cookies look good @Webake2gether  

I hate royal icing as it's so unforgiving and I hate to do neat piping work. No idea how you cookie decorators can do it without throwing the towel at one point. I once agreed to make a cake for a friend's daughter who went off to uni to Paris and ...yep you guessed it...centre piece was the Eifel tower - piped with royal icing. Nightmare! Still get cramps in my fingers just from thinking about it, LOL 

But I'm also not confident trying  "new techniques" when people pay. So I was lucky in that case. 

Speaking off, made a banana cake with white chocolate mouse filling today.  My neighbours and kids had to help eat it ;) Was very pleased with the outcome. Am not a huge ganache fan (yes that's weird I know) and finally got a mix that's light and fluffy like smbc but tasted like white chocolate :D

cara1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cara1982 Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 6:11pm
post #15 of 35

563e3eb4ac795.jpeg

It was my nieces birthday today and had free reign on a cake as long as it was 'Frozen'

I forgot to take a picture of the finished cake, so please excuse the cocktail sticks holding the snow flakes in place while they dry!

cara1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cara1982 Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 6:11pm
post #16 of 35

Why are my pictures always sideways?!!

mmhassa2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmhassa2 Posted 8 Nov 2015 , 2:04am
post #17 of 35

Just did this cake for yesterday, colorful Mahendi (pre-wedding) cake. Used wilton pans 6" and 8".563ead9db132d.jpeg

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 8 Nov 2015 , 9:19am
post #18 of 35

Nice cakes everyone!  Love your colors, textures and details  :) . 

@sweetshop5: I just got an order for a golf cake, unfortunately it's for December 26th!

I was busy making 180 red velvet whoopie pies.  It was just one long squeeze-athon.  Finally figured out it's easier to squeeze out the batter than to scoop it, squoze the white chocolate design and of course the filling.  Hypnotic, aren't they?

563f14e9328f1.jpeg

*Last edited by Pastrybaglady on 8 Nov 2015 , 9:27am
sha1col Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sha1col Posted 8 Nov 2015 , 12:53pm
post #19 of 35

It's been a while since I've posted another, but as usuall the cakes are awesome! Great job everyone.

Here's a couple of cake I did last week...

The Flash (for my son's b-day, fondant was completely dry)

563f45d89e0c7.jpeg

Turtle Baby Shower cake

563f45d9a654d.jpeg

Marian64 Posted 8 Nov 2015 , 1:07pm
post #20 of 35

@Pastrybaglady  Those are very hypnotic, amazing.

@sal1col beautiful cakes just love the turtle.

As always love all the cakes. 

OHaresTstyTrts Posted 8 Nov 2015 , 6:37pm
post #21 of 35

Love seeing everyone's cakes! @costumeczar  I love the texture on your cake!

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 8 Nov 2015 , 8:24pm
post #22 of 35

Everyone's cakes look fantastic. Here are my amateur offerings for the last couple of weeks.

563faf8950216.jpeg563faf89b4e35.jpeg

Marian64 Posted 8 Nov 2015 , 8:50pm
post #23 of 35

@louglou  that my little pony is adorable and I love the skittles what a great idea. 

catlharper Posted 9 Nov 2015 , 4:56pm
post #24 of 35

Hi everyone! Our weekend was simply wonderful! We packed in so much fun and made some really great memories!

How fun to come home to these great cakes!

SweetShop5 My hubby is crazy over your golfing cake! His birthday is coming up next week and he's hinting HARD! LOL! And that 50th b'day cake is as gorgeous as a wedding cake! Beautiful!

costumeczar  That wedding cake is stunning! Love the "fabric" texture and those are molded flowers? Amazing!

julia1812 That is simply adorable! Which cartoon is that again? I know I have seen those characters before but with no little ones in the house I'm not sure what it is!

Webake2gether Ok, dying to know...what concert did you see? LOL! 

cara1982 The Frozen cake is gorgeous! As for the photos...use a photo editor to "rotate" your photos. Apparently your camera doesn't do it automatically so when you put them onto your computer your computer shows them to you right side up but they are actually still sideways. So just rotate them in your photo editor and then save.

mmhassa2 I have always wanted to do a pillow cake but am so intimidated...your beautiful creation doesn't help! LOL! Seriously stunning!

Pastrybaglady  beautiful...but dizzying! LOL! I can only imagine they were a huge hit!

sha1col My boys LOVE the Flash cake but me? Well, I just wanna pet that turtle! SO cute!

louglou Love the Pony! The skittles were a great idea! As for the cupcake...what is the "wrapper" made out of? Is that fondant? Chocolate covered cookies? I'm dying to know!

caken4fun Good luck on the Truck Cake! Hope it's simply wonderful. I just suck at "car cakes" but I see so many really great versions that I know it's very possible to have one that is just incredible!

Thank you everyone for the wonderful wishes! We had a great weekend filled with all sorts of wonderful celebrations and people! I have over 700 photos to edit today but that's ok...lots of great memories to relive!

Cat

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 9 Nov 2015 , 5:00pm
post #25 of 35

@louglou  What is on the sides or your cupcake cake? I can't figure it out...

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 9 Nov 2015 , 8:10pm
post #26 of 35

@catlharper  we took them to see newsboys (big Christian band for those not familiar). Oh my goodness you want to talk about fun!! I tear up just thinking about watching my 8 year son sing and just openly worship like that. He's really a reserved child when he's around people he doesn't know or large crowds but not there he was all in it lol. Seeing him embrace that experience the way he did just melts my heart. My 5 year old was awesome but by the time newsboys got on stage it took everything he had to hold his head up and watch. He really wanted to see the drummer's stage raise and spin while he kept drumming and I was afraid he wouldn't make it but he did and that's all they've talked about to everyone :) oh and they both fell completely out 5 minutes after we got in the car!! Great memories for sure!! Glad you hard a great weekend too!!!

catlharper Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 2:35am
post #27 of 35

@Webake2gether  Sounds like it was a truly wonderful time with your kids! 

mmhassa2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmhassa2 Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 2:46am
post #28 of 35

@catlharper thank you! Believe it or not this was my first time making a pillow cake. With the wilton pan it was SO easy! Give it a try, they're fun to make!

cookiemum123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemum123 Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 3:53am
post #29 of 35

Hi everyone,

I've looked for this discussion two fridays in a row...I haven't found it on time yet. I just love coming in here and seeing all the cakes and discussions going on...I didn't make a cake over the weekend. I just did a few pricing for two cakes I have coming up for Thanks giving. Some sketching for designs of Christmas cookies, if y'all haven't scared me off of royal icing them lol!  I couldn't find a fault with those you did @webake2gether. I did some shopping with my hubby for preserve jars for the cocoa mixes I'm hoping to sell on my blog for Christmas and I practiced with some of the tips I have. The french tip using the basket weave, which I think will be pretty on the side of the cake I'm making. My son's birthday is Veterans day, So we are going to make his cake together, Super Mario because he loves that game plus it his name sake, his brother named him. 

I can never pick a favorite creation, because all of you are amazingly creative and talented.

@catlharper I'm glad you had a wonderful time for your anniversary...we were married around the same time this Dec. is our 28th anniversary. 

@mmhassa2 I was thinking of getting a molded cake pan, they do seem like fun.

Till next time

Michele

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 10 Nov 2015 , 9:08pm
post #30 of 35

Sorry I didn't get any notifications, @catlharper and @pastrybaglady. The outside of the cupcake is covered in white chocolate fingers. They are just biscuits (cookies?) covered in white chocolate available from any supermarket. 

The my little pony was inspired by these 2. https://www.howtocookthat.net/public_html/little-pony-cake-rainbow-dash/ and http://www.howtocakeit.com/blogs/cakes/40365889-rainbow-dash-my-little-pony-cake-vanilla-cakes-layered-with-fondant-and-rainbow-buttercream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%