Using Powder Or Edible Pen To Write On Icing?

Decorating By Oriana28 Updated 7 Nov 2015 , 6:14pm by julia1812

Oriana28 Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 9:43am
post #1 of 7

I will be making a car cake and I need to make some car stickers to the window. I need to write words which are quite small and I was wondering what would be best to use. Using a stencil and then painting over it with food coloring or powder? Or would it be best to just use an edible pen? I need to use blue and white colors on a black window so I'm not sure whether or not they will show.

Any comments? Thanks

6 replies
-K8memphis Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 7

i can only imagine how small -- if you want the 'look of' just squiggle something -- if you really need to be able to read it -- i'd suggest piping it

(i think most of my suggestions fall under two categories 1. pipe it and 2. add cornstarch hahahaha)

but anyway -- make a tiny parchment cone and cut the tip and hold your breath while you pipe it -- no seriously so it doesn't jiggle --

i mean cutting a stencil that small would be that much harder don't you think?

but the easiest would be to get an edible image >>> see the featured sponsor over there 'edible printing and more Icing Images' they could hook you up

-K8memphis Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 7

if you go with edible ink markers use americolor gourmet markers and you can cut the tip to make it a fine point

best of the best to you and your car

julia1812 Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 4:39am
post #4 of 7

I like painting tiny details with food coloring  (undiluted) and the tiniest  (clean!) paint brush. Have markers too but they are too thick for most of the work and also need 2-3 coats something, especially with black. Not good in piping so "drawing" is my go to method.

julia1812 Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 4:41am
post #5 of 7

If you have really detailed stuff, multiple colours etc it might be worth to print all the stickers in the size you need them on edible paper and simply can't and attach. Specially with car cakes it gives it a professional real car look.

-K8memphis Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 5:23pm
post #6 of 7

i have always admired painters who can wield a mighty as well as a minute paint brush -- hats off to julia

julia1812 Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 6:14pm
post #7 of 7

Awww. ..thanks K8. But guess it's more desperation than anything as I suck in piping :[] Lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%