My Favorite Cream Cheese Icing

Baking By Jeff_Arnett Updated 2 Nov 2015 , 5:11pm by Jeff_Arnett

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 2 Nov 2015 , 12:49pm
post #1 of 4

I've been using this recipe for some time to ice my dessert cakes and certain cupcake....like carrot, red velvet and Italian creme.....even as a filling for decorated cakes.  I don't use it to ice cakes smooth...never took time to see how well it would work....but it does pipe great and sets quite firm.

16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature

2 cups powdered sugar

12-16 ounces Extra Creamy Dairy Recipe Cool Whip

1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat  cream cheese and powdered sugar together until,smooth.  

Mix in vanilla.

Fold in one full container of the Cool Whip and half of the second one until icing is smooth...add additional Cool Whip as needed to thin to desired consistency.

Store leftover icing in the fridge.  Stir in a couple tablespoons Cool Whip to restore texture.

3 replies
goof9j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goof9j Posted 2 Nov 2015 , 1:08pm
post #2 of 4

I have a similar recipe.  It's 8oz cream cheese, 1/2 c granulated sugar, 1 tesp vanilla and 16 oz heavy whipping cream.  My question is, how long can this sit out on a cake or cupcake before it goes bad?

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 2 Nov 2015 , 1:46pm
post #3 of 4

This sounds very good. I am also curious as to how long this can sit out before going bad? I am guessing that you would have to keep refrigerated until serving this. I will definitely try this recipe!!

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 2 Nov 2015 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 4

I can’t speak to how long it can sit out…all my cakes, including cupcakes are always in the cooler right up to delivery.  I have served cupcakes at home with this icing and they’ve sat out for 2-3 hours with no problems.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%