So this weekend I'll be making a similar cake for my niece's pre-wedding ceremony and have a few questions.
1. The pan used on the cake, does it look like the wilton pillow cake pan? Or does it look more hand carved?
2. What colors from the Americolor brand can I use to achieve the 2 main colors?
3. What is the font cutter used?
4. Last question is the construction of the fondant on the cake. Does it look like it's done in pieces or rather whole piece?
My guess is for the top tier, first its fully covered in purple fondant. The the blue/teal fondant was paint with the damask and then cut into strips and added?
1. To me it looks hand carved. :-)
2. The Americolors look like straight teal but the purple looks like Royal Purple and Burgundy mixed half and half.
3. The font cutter looks like Tappits. Not sure of the the exact one, but definitely looks like Tappits to me.
4. The fondant on the cake looks like it was covered in one whole piece first, the bottom in the teal and the top in the plum color, then the details were added in strips then piped over to cover the edges.
Would love to see it when you finish next weekend! :-)
The lace looks like this cutter set to me (2nd one from left).
Thanks ladies! I can always count on this board! I'll surely add photos to this thread Friday...so excited to work on this cake! It's a surprise, so my niece has no idea what the cake will look like.
Here's my version of the pillow cake...As I used the 6" and 8" I had less space to work with for the jewels. But overall LOVED how it turned out and looking forward to making many different color version of this cake in the future.
Very beautiful! Nice job!