Cupcake Question

Baking By kitten1021 Updated 1 Nov 2015 , 1:59pm by kitten1021

kitten1021 Posted 31 Oct 2015 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 7

Hello friends, 

my question is about keeping cupcakes fresh and how long they stay fresh.  I have an event coming up that will require a large amount of cupcakes. I would prefer to make most of them ahead of time and spend the last couple days frosting and decorating them. I am unsure how many days ahead I can bake them and they will still be fresh and delicious on the day of the event? I am planning to buy airtight containers to put them in. 

Any info or tips about how far in advance I can bake them would be so much appreciated. Also any suggestion on the best brand of containers to store them in or tips about keeping cupcakes fresh. Thanks so much

6 replies
AAtKT Posted 31 Oct 2015 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 7

If I have to bake a lot of cupcakes for something, I make them a week or so in advance and freeze them...

Cupcakes don't take long to thaw out  so sometimes I even frost and package them too before freezing...

leah_s Posted 31 Oct 2015 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 7

You can bake, fill, frost, package and freeze.  I've does it hundreds of times.

sparkledee3 Posted 1 Nov 2015 , 5:38am
post #4 of 7

What is the best way to package before freezing?

julia1812 Posted 1 Nov 2015 , 7:32am
post #5 of 7

Undecorated cupcakes I vacuum pack in freezer bags.

AAtKT Posted 1 Nov 2015 , 1:35pm
post #6 of 7

I just put mine in those clear plastic clamshell cupcake containers... Wrap with Plastic Wrap well (usually 4 layers)...

That way they stack well in the freezer space...

kitten1021 Posted 1 Nov 2015 , 1:59pm
post #7 of 7

I don't have a freezer to store them in. If I just am going to put them in airtight containers, how many days ahead can I make them and they will still be fresh and yummy? 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%