Wrinkled Wafer Paper Solution!!

Decorating By gina0475

gina0475 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gina0475 Posted 24 Oct 2015 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 1

I dont post very often but since I had this mishap this morning I felt the need to share.  

So I knew that putting wafer paper in the fridge is a big no no.  

I like my cakes to be cold for transport and, of course I had that it won't happen to me attitude about the whole  thing.  I put the cake in my not very cold and dry cake fridge that I even put fondant cakes into without any sweating issues.  

Of course when I pull it out and start taking pictures of it before my eyes it starts to wrinkle and now I am panicking  because I have about 15 min before the client got here.   I am stretching my brain to figure this out there had to be a way, and of corse I googled to find nothing!! thats why I am posting.  

I thought I could steam it but my husband stopped me to say what does steaming do to wafer paper, well it curls it so that is not what I wanted.   

I wished I had a little tiny iron and then it hit me 

I have a heat gun for crafting, (I use it for glossing chocolate) and fondant paddles = small low heat iron!!!! 

all you do if this happens, apply to your wrinkly wafer paper is DRY heat the paper you will start to visibly see it straiten and then smooth over with a dry fondant paddle - work slowly and it will get wrinkle free with some work. 

thanks for reading 

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%