I lost all my recipes so am looking for a recipe I had that was for NO SPREAD SUGAR COOKIES they would not puff up or spread out. Anyone have this recipe? Also need one for that was for gingerbread no spread dough for ginger bread houses. Thanks for your help.
All I've done is omit the baking powder to my recipe. Works for me. Curious to see if there is one that is different.
6 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar (white granulated)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract or desired flavoring (I like almond myself)
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.
2. Chill for 1 to 2 hours (or see Hint below)
3. Roll to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees F (176 C) for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges. This recipe can make up to 5-dozen 3″ cookies.