Is Wilton Fondant Gluten Free?

Decorating By Goodkarmabaker Updated 21 Oct 2015 , 2:19pm by Brookebakescake

Goodkarmabaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goodkarmabaker Posted 21 Oct 2015 , 11:53am
post #1 of 5

Hi There!  

I can't seem to find any current information on Wilton Fondant ingredients. I found a post from 2007, but things may have changed in the last 8 years.  :-)  

I'm making gluten free dairy free cupcakes for a client and need to know if the Wilton's Rolled and Decorator Preferred Fondant is gluten free.  

TIA for any insight!!!

4 replies
ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 21 Oct 2015 , 12:58pm
post #2 of 5

See if there is a place where you can ask a question at the Wilton website.  Maybe they have a customer service number that you can call and ask them.

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 21 Oct 2015 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 5

I don't think so, someone commented "The Decorator Fondant contains WHEAT SYRUP. It is terrible to work with and smells like playdough. I need a GLUTEN FREE PRODUCT." on the Wilton website here: http://www.wilton.com/blog/index.php/new-wilton-decorator-preferred-fondant-tastes-better-still-easy-use/

Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 21 Oct 2015 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 5
Ingredients:

SugarCorn Syrup, Palm Oil, Water, Glycerin, Food Starch-Modified (Tapioca), Gum Tragacanth, Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Artificial Flavor, Sodium Acetate, Acetic Acid.

Made in a facility that also processes tree nutseggmilksoy and wheat products.

Thats the pure white 24 oz

Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 21 Oct 2015 , 2:19pm
post #5 of 5
  • Ingredients: Sugar, wheat syrup, palm oil, water, glycerin, gum tragacanth, tapioca starch, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, natural and artificial flavor, titanium dioxide, sodium acetate, acetic acid
  • That at is from a different source, so it could depend on the individual colors, batches, or production dates. You'd have to check a box locally where you are to make sure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%