Recipe Help Ideas Needed For Healthy Halloween Treat For A Scout Party. Kid Friendly Please

Baking By shdvl Updated 20 Oct 2015 , 10:29pm by -K8memphis

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 3

My son started in cub scouts this year. We are attending a scout Halloween party next tuesday. I want to bring a themed snack or treat without breaking the bank. It has to be healthy which is the worst label you can use since not everyone has the same idea of what is healthy. I was thinking of making merginues in the shape of ghosts or pumpkins, then add black faces. Not sure that fits the term healthy. I also want my son who's 8 involved in the making process. Thanks for any ideas.

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 3

i saw the  cutest idea in my grocery store magazine they send out with coupons -- apple lips i guess you would call them -- it was two narrow apple slices then a smooth layer of peanut butter not too thick on each one then place mini marshmallows  to look like teeth on one slice then complete with the other slice on top then a couple almond sticks to replicate fangs -- they were so cute

so i just googled 'apple slice mouth halloween images' and you'll get some great photos

you can use pineapple juice to retard the oxidation on the apples -- tastier than the typical lemon juice

and i've seen the meringue crisps piped into bones -- very convincing

and they made a broom with a pretzel handle and some cheese or something wrapped around the bottom -- the cheese was partially cut into strips so it looked broom-y

best to you

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 20 Oct 2015 , 10:23pm
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 3

i really like the addition of the strawberry slice tongue! too cool!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%