Words With Fondant/icing

Decorating By Oriana28 Updated 21 Oct 2015 , 1:03am by Jinkies

Oriana28 Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 4

I need to make small letters with fondant/icing or anything edible really, but they have to be about 5x5mm and I'm not so good with piping. Any suggestions please? Thanks :)

3 replies
julia1812 Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 1:05pm
post #2 of 4

Wow that's tiny.

Hoe about those cookie dough letters? They are pretty small. You know the ones you put onto a plastic handle and press into the cookie dough? They also work with fondant bur they would not stand out like a relief. It's the opposite effect. 

Another option is to put some icing in a bag and cut a tiny tiny hole in the corner of the bag. But since you said you're not got in piping....not sure. Maybe if you practice and then pipe on a separate piece of fondant which you attach later in case it turns out nice? 

Brookebakescake Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 4

You can buy fondant sheets at Joanns or any supply store, and trace a letter on the back (mirror image).  Then just cut it out with regular scissors and peel it off the backing when ready to place 

Jinkies Posted 21 Oct 2015 , 1:03am
post #4 of 4

Do you or someone you know have good handwriting?  I just had to make a license plate for a car topper and I used a white sugar sheet and had hubby write the letters with an edible marker.

Quote by @%username% on %date%