Cake Decorations/baking Goods/ Organization Help

Lounge By dgonzalez227 Updated 20 Oct 2015 , 11:22pm by dgonzalez227

dgonzalez227 Posted 19 Oct 2015 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 12

Here and there I have squirted cake decorating stuff ..molds ..supples etc 

how does one organize all of these 

I have nine all over the place and I would really like to keep them organized 

anyone buy or make shelving Units or use anything laying around the house to store their goodies lol ? 

11 replies
Brookebakescake Posted 19 Oct 2015 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 12

I use a tackle box for my small things.

Webake2gether Posted 19 Oct 2015 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 12

I like to organize my stuff in plastic containers shoe box size and label them. I have a Wilton supply box that I keep all my regularly used items in and everything else goes into its own container. I have a multi drawer cart my stand mixer is on and I also store my regularly used tips and cake decorating tools in. This is a little bit of what I have and how I organize it  hope that helps :) 56256d188c7b9.jpeg

costumeczar Posted 19 Oct 2015 , 10:47pm
post #5 of 12

I have plastic bins too, shelving and a rack that has those plastic bins that are open on top that I got at the hardware store.

craftybanana2 Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 2:29am
post #6 of 12

Cheap clear plastic bins are you friend! I get mine when the seasonal ones go on clearance (usually for half off). I have all my chocolate molds in one bin, cookie cutters in another, tips/bags in another one, etc etc. And they all sit on a cheap plastic free-standing shelf in the closet. Those cheap bins are great for organizing, it's how I organize my other craft stuff too! :D

Apti Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 3:58am
post #7 of 12

First you buy the house next door, then you put in floor to ceiling shelving, then you buy 900 plastic storage boxes (clear) and a label maker.  Then you organize.

After you are organized, you hire someone to live next door (in the smallest room) and their job is to clean, wash dishes, tips, and put everything BACK in the plastic storage boxes and shelves that have been labeled after you bake or make chocolate goodies.

you sacrifice the closet in your guest room and hope for the best

Snowflakebunny23 Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 10:10am
post #8 of 12

@Apti  that's great :-)

I have one of these for most stuff:

The rest (dummies, board, turntable etc) take up a sizeable chunk of my guest room... :-(

dgonzalez227 Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 1:54pm
post #9 of 12

wow love everyone's ideas!

i totally misspelled my whole post earlier, but thank you for understanding what i wrote haha .

I hate using my cellphone to type on here always screws it up.

Well my stuff is currently all over my house and my chocolates are sitting in plastic bags, i will defiantly use everyone's advise and plastic bin it!

thank god i live downstairs to a dollar tree =) grin.png

CakeBlessed Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 2:03pm
post #10 of 12

We took the spare bed out of the guest room and bought some good sturdy shelving from Wally World to line the walls. I bought 9 milk crates, turned them on their sides and secured them together with zip ties and scewed them to the wall. These are what hold my heavier supplies (sugars, flour, corn starch, tubs of gumpaste, etc.) Everything else is stacked on the shelves in plastic bins purchased from the dollar store. I also have a set of cabinets that I moved in there to hold all of my cake plates, serving pieces, etc.

It also helps that this room is right next to my kitchen! Thinking about taking out the wall, actually!

Apti Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 11:02pm
post #11 of 12

Since it's hard or impossible to post photos on CC right now, I created a thread with lots of photos on the Wilton forum:  How to Organize Your Stuff 

The method (clear plastic boxes placed in zones) is very similar to the posts above, but I also show photos of the dreaded "creep" and what happens when you let your organization slip.   For bulk chocolate purchases, I use empty ice cream containers that stack. 

dgonzalez227 Posted 20 Oct 2015 , 11:22pm
post #12 of 12

Lovedddddddd your last two posts and OMG with the pictures and  wow to milk crates 

genius !!!!!!!!! Thank you all so much !!! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%