Watch Out If You Book Online Course Through Sweetassugarcakes

Decorating By caz888 Updated 14 Oct 2015 , 7:25pm by SweetShop5

caz888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caz888 Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 10

Do not book a course with  Sweet Sugar Cakes. They are taking bookings and the payments then when the day comes to do the course, the shop is closed and they are nowhere to be seen

I drove for 5 hours to get to the shop and guess what the shop was closed.  Can you imagine how I felt as this was a birthday present from my husband.
After spending a good portion of the day trying to contact Laura Miller and after one last check at the shop I started the miserable drive back to Cornwall at 3.30pm and got home at 8.00pm

In the only email since teh course  Laura wrote that she did not know I was booked in, but if that was the case why did she not show up at the shop on the day of the course as I called her mobile from outside the shop and left 12 messages for her to return my call

Since then I have found out that a lady from Holland flew in for a course the week before me and Laura did not pitch up.
Today there is a lady from Nottingham who booked a private 3 day course, booked the hotel for the three days and only booked the hotel after Laura told her that her course was still on and told her to bring 3 cakes for the course work. Lorien arrived to find the shop closed

My Advice stay away and warn other bakers

9 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 10

wow! that's a total ripoff. Can you do a chargeback through your credit card or paypal to get the money for the course back, at least?

*Last edited by costumeczar on 14 Oct 2015 , 2:26pm
caz888 Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 10

I have managed to get the money back tas I paid by credit card, but I am out of pocket for the mileage, cake made for the course and day's holiday off work

The other ladies are not so lucky and they really cannot get hold of her

How can people do this, she is really talented but after this I would crawl into  a hole and not come out

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 10

Wow that really sucks. I'm sorry. I went to check out her Facebook page and it seems like this might be a common thing she does. Someone had written that she was deleting posts to her wall regarding the classes. Also read 3 reviews on Google and people mentioned that the classes were cancelled with no notice.

Seems like she tries to scam people with her classes.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 10

That's just nuts.

Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 10

Report her to trading standards.

Is she an accredited BSG tutor? Report her there, too.

caz888 Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 5:01pm
post #7 of 10

Laura Miller deleted my post from her facebook page as I was asking for somebody to cal, There is a lady from nottingham who paid by bacs and her course was today and she booked into a hotel to find the shop closed . 

Then she found her facebook post deleted and she was blocked. Its pretty scarey as this lady has laid about £1000.00 for the course, accommodation, food etc 

Laura's excuse was she thought the course was on Thursday to Friday. Lorien booked a three day course and the booking foem say wednesday to friday 

not sure where the confusion is there 

I do not think she is accredited BSG tutor

Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 10

Report her to trading standards.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 7:19pm
post #9 of 10

ouch and it was a gift -- not cool -- so sorry -- and i hope she's gonna be ok -- obviously there's something quite amiss -- thanks for the heads up -- terrible thing to drive that far and invest so much to be stood up -- no bueno

best to you and happy birthday anyway!

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 7:25pm
post #10 of 10

That's really messed up, but I agree with Jedi Knight, she should be reported. Her classes really aren't cheap either. There's definitely something going on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%