Everything About Mmf And Buttercream Icing

Decorating By aliscyn

aliscyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliscyn Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 12:20pm
post #1 of 1

Hi all,

nice to meet all of you. firstly would like to tell im a dummy in decorating a cake and i just got to know what is fondant a week back :-D. im living in aus, weather is about 22 to 30 degrees. have a few questions:

1) is MMF must be in the fridge or out of fridge in sealed container for 24 hours before using it?

2) how long i can keep my homemade mmf ( powdered sugar, pascal mm,water - mixed, microwaved, knead until pliable, sealed, fridge) 

3) if i make figurine using mmf and i put a buttercream below it, bake a choc cake few days before leave it in the fridge, when shd i put the fondant on the cake? what would you suggest? minnie mouse fondant on top of the cake.shall i do the figurine and glue it on buttercream on that day? my concern is buttercream has to be in the fridge and mmf will get condensed in the fridge.

4) ive been suggestd to buy black fondant as black color food colouring nt easy to get.is it possible i can color my mmf by using liquorice? it was suggested by someone in other forum as i am not using a lot of black it would be a waste to buy .

thank u so much for any kind replies . appreciate it alot. Have a lovely night :-)

cheers, ally

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%