I Need 60 Servings As A Replica Of This Cake. Suggestions?

Decorating By chicubs Updated 16 Oct 2015 , 5:01am by ladyhawke917

chicubs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chicubs Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 6

It looks as though this cake is much smaller than the 60 servings I need to  have my cake feed. I don't know if making the tiers higher will be enough or if I should add a third tier? Any suggestions?561d593bce397.jpeg

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 6

yeah this is a toughie -- this cake is sweet as pie right as it is -- looks like a bride right? 

you will loose that little sweet look unless you make your tiara the same proportion as that one is to the cake it sits on -- and everything needs to be proportioned just right -- 

you could get there with an 8 and an 11 or an 8 x 10 would give you sixty -- i think i would make them taller -- but taller tiers do not increase the number of servings --

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 6

You could add a 10" on the bottom and shape it where the top of the 10" is cut down to 8" and then kind of flows down to look like a dress if that makes sense.  So in essences the middle and bottom tier will be almost like a double barrel cake. By shaping the cake that way you will cut a lot of servings so will probably only get about 50 servings. 

chicubs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chicubs Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you for the ideas! I appreciate it. I think that or adding a square cake as a base are probably the best. It's for a little girls 1st birthday party. It will be Cinderella's colors/dress. blush.png

Thank you again for the suggestions!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 11:56pm
post #5 of 6

would love to see a picture of your creation if it's convenient for you -- no pressure

ladyhawke917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyhawke917 Posted 16 Oct 2015 , 5:01am
post #6 of 6

Cupcakes with mouse or glass slipper toppers for extra servings?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%