Moving To A Store Front Help

Business By MomofSteelex3 Updated 18 Oct 2015 , 7:40pm by MimiFix

MomofSteelex3 Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 4

Hi!  I need some ideas/help and figured this was the best place to turn!  I will be moving to a store front for 30 days before I completely open my bakery in a new location.. I am currently out of my house.  Beside making sure all my licenses are in order and ready to rock, what else should I consider?  I will have a "L" shaped counter to myself for display and what not.  What all should I put up/out?   Anyone with a store have pictures that they would want to share?  Of your display area/counter and of your work space?  Any words of advice to calm my nerves?  I appreciate it greatly!  

Thanks!

Bre 

3 replies
johnson6ofus Posted 17 Oct 2015 , 5:26am
post #2 of 4

Go to google images and enter "bakery counter"... you will set a bunch of displays!   Not a bakery store front person, so can't help but best of luck!

johnson6ofus Posted 17 Oct 2015 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 4

Oh.. the best marketing "trick" I ever read on here was using Internet (email. facebook/ twitter) to announce the "special" of the day. 

publish---- "Made a big batch of fresh lemon bars with fresh curd and cream. Limited supply. Special price for today $xxx/ or a box of ____ $XXX.  while supplies last. Call in to reserve and pre-pay welcomed".

(In bakers mind--- hmmm---- how do I get rid of those extra lemons and make some $$$$?)

It gives you an "excuse" to "spam" people, which they don't mind so much if there is a deal involved.... :)

I would offer a "grand opening" sampler box. Have the customer fill out a contact card with email info/facebook whatever... and offer a "limit one per household" treat box. Like 2 or 3 cupcakes, a few cookies, whatever. Make it a good value so people will buy to try ($10?). Be sure to label call ahead to pre-payment, or while supplies last. 

MimiFix Posted 18 Oct 2015 , 7:40pm
post #4 of 4

My bakery started at home, then after two years I moved into a retail space. (Sorry, I have no photos. This was before digital cameras and I've moved recently so my photos are all packed away.)

You don't mention sq. footage or product line, so in general terms: If you are opening soon, I hope you already have equipment (ovens, cooler, mixers, workbench, sinks, shelving, display cases, etc), a floor plan, a product list, cash register, and a marketing strategy.

Stay calm, buy the economy size bottle of headache pills, and price products correctly. Good luck!   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%