Edible Paint

Decorating By Mmsharif Updated 13 Oct 2015 , 6:54pm by costumeczar

Mmsharif Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mmsharif Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 6

So I need to hand paint a cake but I can't edible paint recipes anywhere that I can actually make.

Ive read a lot about adding vodka or some other alcohol but I can't do that since they aren't halaal.

Can anyone here guide me as to what to make the paint solution with that's halaal, tastes good and is easily available?

Thank you!

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 6

i've never used this -- just googled it -- are you possibly in the uk? if not maybe they will ship to you?

http://www.cake-stuff.com/edibles-c1/icing-colouring-c15/metallic-icing-colouring-edible-paint-c23/halal-t243

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 6

it's on amazon too

http://www.amazon.com/Ready--Metallic-Pearlescent-Edible-Decoration/dp/B00605ZI9M/ref=sr_1_8?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1444752451&sr=1-8&keywords=rainbow+dust+metallic+paint

i checked the description & it said for halal -- i'm thinking that's the same as halaal? forgive me if i'm wrong --

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 6

Can you get airbrush colors?  You can paint with airbrush colors - already thinned, no alcohol/extract needed.

Mmsharif Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mmsharif Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 6

@-K8memphis  yes yess it's the same. just difference of spelling :) Thank you for your help. you too @640Cake  

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 6:54pm
post #6 of 6

The raindow dust paints are halal and the ingredients are water, cornstarch, soya lecithin for the emulsifier, and the food colors. You might want to try to mix up your own, the cornstarch makes them opaque.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%