In Need Of Edible Newsprint

Decorating By beccajean1982 Updated 13 Oct 2015 , 6:39pm by beccajean1982

beccajean1982 Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone. I have a client who wants a newspaper grooms cake. I am either looking for printed sugar/wafer paper that looks like am opened newspaper that I can use on a half sheet cake. Or sugar/wafer paper that looks like news print that I can use on the sides of round cakes. The wedding is the end of November. I have been searching and cannot find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

5 replies
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 6

I would make up a newspaper image using a drawing tool and send it to a company which does edible printing.  I have done that before with a map and it looks fab :-)

-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 6

do it the old fashioned way

and it's a lot easier now with edible ink markers than piping -- and you can trim the tip of the marker to make it a fine point

go for it

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 13 Oct 2015 , 3:00pm
kstevens Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 6

Where are you located?  I can recommend someone who prints images on edible sheets & does a really good job for a good price as well.  He's located in Ontario, Canada so that may not be ideal for you?  I just email him my image & within a week I have my edible image (sent by mail).

-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 6

yes and there's icing images too -- they are a featured sponsor of this forum

beccajean1982 Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you everyone. KStevens, I am in SW Oklahoma. I will look into all this info. I really appreciate it. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%