Need Help With A Carrot Cake/using The Forum

Baking By maroonghia Updated 16 Oct 2015 , 4:32pm by lindagal

maroonghia Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 3

I have a wedding coming up, and have used a carrot cake recipe from the forum. Well now I'm looking for it again...thought for sure I added it to my favorites list, but apparently not!

So now I'm looking thru the recipe section. It is important for me to read them the comments of the individual recipes to get the feedback, but I have gone thru 8 pages and none of them have any comments! I CAN'T just bake a cake and not know if there were issues, or know people's input.

So I'm curious, am I doing something wrong?  But more so I need to find a great tasting carrot cake that I can stack! I'm going 5 tiers,( 14,12,10,8,6) 2 layers per tier, and naked.

So thank you in advance for any help. I welcome links to recipes that I could use for this cake, but I also want to be able to read what others thought.

I really appreciate this forum and all the bakers that so freely give advice to make us all better and make the forum such a great community!

2 replies
sykescakes Posted 16 Oct 2015 , 11:20am
post #2 of 3

Hello! My favorite carrot cake is from Smitten Kitchen (link below). In the recipe she grates the carrots all by hand on the smallest hole on the grater but I just stuck mine in the food processor and it always turns out beautiful! There are a lot of reviews there too if you want to read what people thought about it.

lindagal Posted 16 Oct 2015 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 3

My favorite is Sam's Famous Carrot Cake on AllRecipes.  5 stars and tons of reviews!  I am using it in a wedding cake this week!  The only thing I do differently is to omit the coconut.  And sometimes I use pecans instead of walnuts.  It is chunky and moist and amazing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%