Help! Opinions On Creating A Portfolio For Possible Employers

Business By jessd15 Updated 13 Oct 2015 , 1:05am by Amps.prkns

jessd15 Posted 12 Oct 2015 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 3

Hello, I  am currently applying to businesses as a cake decorator. I have pictures of work that I have done, and I would like to send it to them via e-mail. The question is, how or what is the proper way to send a portfolio? Do I send it as a pdf file? Do I make a website upload it to that and send them a link? If so, what are good websites to do so? I wouldn't want to be a nuisance sending a bunch of pictures in one email, I'd like it all to be in one area. (I'm not sure if I explained that right). If I do get an interview however, I do plan on bringing a physical portfolio for them to look at. 

Thanks everyone :D

p.s. I'm aware I have posted this, but figured that it sounded like I was giving tips instead of asking for help. I can't delete it anymore. (new to this sorry)

2 replies
Brookebakescake Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 12:31am
post #2 of 3

Hello! I personally would recommend square space.

You can create your own website, beautifully and easily, and it's affordable and looks professional.  My husband listens to a lot of techie podcasts, and they all use and recommend this.

Amps.prkns Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 1:05am
post #3 of 3

Most people won't open up attachments or links for fear of viruses or junk websites (in my experience). I would mention you'd like to stop by at a convenient time for them and show them your portfolio. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%