Miami Heat Logo

Decorating By Jenmarlene Updated 13 Oct 2015 , 3:04pm by 640Cake

Jenmarlene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenmarlene Posted 12 Oct 2015 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 5

In December I have to make a Miami Heat logo on top of a 10” round cake, the client send me the picture of the cake but the logo is make out of fondant, how can I make the logo out of fondant?

4 replies
Showstoppers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Showstoppers Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 7:15am
post #2 of 5

I gather by saying its made out of fondant you mean its 3D? I would make a round ball of fondant, let it dry firm a little.   Roll out a very thin circle of yellow flower modelling paste, (big enough to wrap round the ball with some to spare) then stick a slightly smaller circle of red flowerpaste on top of the yellow one, leaving enough yellow showing round the edges. (Maybe tweak out the edges of each circle in some way to make them look more like "dancing flames") While it is flat, score in the seams of the ball with the back of a knife. (Otherwise use edible marker pen). Stick this around your ball of fondant and arrange the excess into the fire tail.  Gently get a skewer pushed in from top end and dry upside down so flames stay in place. To make the halo, use hard setting flowerpaste... this time roll it out a bit thicker than before. With two slightly different sized round cutters stamp out the halo. Fix in some flower wire like you would on a rose bud at one end of halo. (Maybe in two places to make sure it's secure when fitted). Leave it to dry totally without disturbing at all. When it's firm, push in the wire at the back of your fireball. Allow yourself plenty of drying time for this project!

Does all this make sense? Other option is to do either a large flat round photo image on icing sheet or a 2D standing up plaque of the logo on photo icing sheet, I do a lot of these on my cakes... saves loads of time!  For an example,    Visit my facebook page

Jenmarlene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenmarlene Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 11:11am
post #3 of 5

561ce6d482052.jpeg this is the cake i have to make

*Last edited by Jenmarlene on 13 Oct 2015 , 11:11am
Showstoppers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Showstoppers Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 5

I expect that will be easier than doing it 3D!!  You could print off the logo to the size you want it, then cut out the individual pieces and use them as templates for pieces of coloured fondant which you just use to "jigsaw" back onto the cake. If you are not confident though, consider photo icing sheets like the ones I do (see my link) I would do them for you, but am in the UK...  i am sure you can get same thing over there. Customised cake toppers on photo icing sheets

https://www.facebook.com/Showstopperscakedecorations

*Last edited by Showstoppers on 13 Oct 2015 , 2:52pm
640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 5

I am liking the idea of the 3D topper!  But you could also do the logo out of buttercream via frozen buttercream transfer.  Print out the image in the appropriate size and lay a piece of wax paper over it.  Outline the logo in black icing, freeze until firm.  Add your white, freeze, add your yellow, freeze, etc.  There are detailed instructions here on CC.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%